Stratus - Buskers Bash winners 2017
Wimborne Buskers Bash 2018On Saturday 14th April, Wimborne will come alive to the sound of traditional street entertainment from a range of buskers. Organised for the second year by the committee of Wimborne Minster Folk Festival, you can find music at various venues throughout the town, including The Square. Voting for the finalists is by members of the public using tokens purchased on the day. The grand finals will be in the early evening decided by a group of experienced judges, & encouraged by public participation!
Calling all those of you who would like to take part in this year's Busker's Bash, on Saturday 14th April.
There will be performance spots around town, including The Square. This year, as well as the public using voting tokens to select the finalists, you can also collect cash for yourself. Check out more information - Buskers Bash Guidelines. Applications close 24th March.
GuildlinesPlease register at the Info Point on The Square between 10.30 - 11.30
- The busking programme will run from 11.30 - 5.00 (approx), with each busker having a 20 min performance time at various locations around town.
- Each busker will have an ID badge, to be worn at all times. You will also be responsible for a festival collecting bucket.
- Please return your badge & festival bucket after your final performance.
- Voting for the buskers will be by tokens available at the Info Point from 11.30, & from Stewards at each busking location, & around town. Tokens cost £1 for 10.
- Stewards will exchange your bucket for an empty one at each location, or you can return it to the Info Point yourself. Counting of tokens will take place throughout the day by a Festival Committee member.
- You can also put out your own cash collection container in an equal position to that of the festival. The public can then choose where to donate - hopefully both!
- You can only use the festival approved times & performance areas, as indicated by our 'Busk Stop' signs.
- All performance areas are completely acoustic as there is no power available for you to use. You may bring your own battery powered amp if you wish, but volume must be kept at a low level & with a consideration to members of the public.
- This is not an open invitation for any busker to just turn up & play. Unapproved performers will be removed.
- Please remember that this is a family friendly event, & as such your performances must be suitable for all ages.
- Following the end of busking programme, the five buskers with the most votes will be invited to perform on the stage in The Square. Approx time 5.15 - 7.0.
- Judges appointed by the festival will decide the winners, but audience participation is incouraged!
- The overall winner will receive a prize of £100 & an invitation to be part of the Buskers Programme at Wimborne Minster Folk Festival in June. The runner-up will receive a prize of £50
- Thank you for joining us, & helping to make Buskers Bash an ongoing success.