Apply to volunteer at Wimborne Minster Folk Festival 2019
Stewards & Volunteers
Volunteer at Wimborne Minster Folk Festival 2019.
We are looking for vibrant people to be part of the festival team who are prepared to work in shifts, for around 12 hours in total over the three day festival.
You must be over 18, reliable, have good people skills and be able to remain pleasant and cheerful whatever the circumstances!
In exchange for your time, we will give you a pass for festival events and to Party In The Paddock plus a free souvenir programme, free parking and free camping!
- You will generally be working in teams.
- Training will be given if necessary.
- Certain jobs may require a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check, which we can arrange.
- You will need to sort out your own refreshments.
- A free day/weekend pass will be given to stewards which covers all festival events and entry to Party In The Paddock.
- You will receive a free souvenir programme.
- Free parking will be available for stewards within the festival area.
Stewarding & Volunteer roles available:
- Information desks at The Square
- Event stewards at Concerts, Ceildihs, Sessions and Workshops.
- Procession stewards
- Road Closures points
- Collection tin stewards and programme sales
- Providing information and guidance to Festival visitors
Friday 2pm - 11:30pm
Saturday 9am - 11pm
Sunday 9am - 10:30pm
You will be scheduled in and not expected to work all hours!
- Setup and cleardown of Banners, Marquees, Bunting, Furniture, Venues, Posters, Generators,
- Most of these tasks are before and after the festival, leaving you free to enjoy the festival
- Starting in April: Banners, Posters (A couple of hours every few weeks or so for 2-3 crew)
- Week Before: Some decorations, Bunting etc - A few hours for a small crew.
- Thursday: Stage Setup, Some Marquees - All day for a small crew
- Friday: Fencing, Marquees, Furniture, Posters - All day for a large crew
- Saturday: A few minor jobs
- Sunday: Starting at 5pm - Main cleardown of Marquees and Clearing up many venues - A large crew is needed
- Monday: Finish all Marquees and tidying of town, removal of Posters, removal of stages - Some crew, maybe all day
- Tuesday: Rest!
- Setup / Packdown of festival stages (some jobs may involve heavy lifting)
- Runners between festival venues (all abilities)
- Stage Hands to assist with change overs (some previous experience preferred)
- Setup / Packdown of festival art displays
- Assisting with decorating the town
- Assisting creative workshops prior to festival
- Photographers (all abilities)
- Videographers (previous experience preferred)
|Application Forms & Documentation|