Apply to volunteer at Wimborne Minster Folk Festival
Stewards & Volunteers
Volunteer at Wimborne Minster Folk Festival
We are looking for vibrant people to be part of the festival team who are prepared to work in shifts, for at least 6-8 hours for the festival.
You must be over 18, reliable, have good people skills and be able to remain pleasant and cheerful whatever the circumstances!
In exchange for your time, we will give you a pass for festival events and to Party In The Paddock plus a free souvenir programme, free parking and free camping!
- You will generally be working in teams.
- Training will be given if necessary.
- You will need to sort out your own refreshments.
- A free day/weekend pass will be given to stewards which covers all festival events and entry to Party In The Paddock.
- You will receive a free souvenir programme.
- Free parking will be available for stewards within the festival area.
Stewarding & Volunteer roles available:
- Information desk at The Square
- Event stewards at Concerts, Ceildihs, Sessions and Workshops.
- Procession stewards
- Road Closures points
- Collection tin stewards and programme sales
- Providing information and guidance to Festival visitors
Thursday 1900-2300 (Evening concert, very limited requirement)
Friday 0900-1200 hrs (Limited Requirement) , 1200-2300 hrs
Saturday 0900-2300 hrs
Sunday 0900-2300 hrs
Schedules will be designed to suit your requirements as much as possible.
- Setup and cleardown of Banners, Marquees, Bunting, Furniture, Venues, Posters, Generators,
- Most of these tasks are before and after the festival, leaving you free to enjoy the festival
- Many jobs involve heavy lifting. Hi vis jackets and hard hats provided as appropriate.
- Starting in April: Banners, Posters (A couple of hours every few weeks or so for 2-3 crew)
- The Week Before: Some decorations, Bunting, Road Notices etc - A few hours many days for a small crew.
- Thursday: Stage Setup, Some Marquees - All day for a small crew
- Friday: Fencing, Marquees, Stages, Generators, Furniture, Posters - All day for a large crew
- Saturday: A few minor jobs
- Sunday: Starting at 5pm - Main cleardown of Marquees and Clearing up many venues - A large crew is needed
- Monday: Finish all Marquees and tidying of town, removal of Posters, removal of stages - Some crew, maybe all day
- Tuesday: Rest! (Hopefully)
- Setup / Packdown of festival art displays
- Assisting with decorating the town
- Assisting creative workshops prior to festival
- Photographers (all abilities)
- Videographers (previous experience preferred)