Wimborne Minster Folk Festival - Buyer's Guide & Ticket Terms and Conditions 2018
- The Festival has Day tickets (wristbands), Weekend tickets (wristbands) and tickets for individual events.
Weekend tickets include events on the Friday.
- A full weekend ticket (but no other kind of ticket) will give free entry to the Party in the Paddock.
- The weekend ticket will give admittance to all festival events, except events at the Tivoli.
This is because events at the Tivoli are likely to sell out with individual event tickets and these
tickets are for specific seats in the theatre. It would be unfair to increase the cost of a weekend
(or day) ticket to include an event the ticket-holder would be unlikely to gain admittance to.
- Weekend and Day tickets give free entry to all events covered by the duration of the ticket,
subject to capacity, and priority over customers paying on the door, up to 10 minutes before the start of the event.
- There are a small number of events in Wimborne venues that are not organised by the Festival and are not official
festival events. Most venues are supporters of the festival and their events are included. If an event is
listed in the timetable of events on our web page, then it is an official part of the Festival and will
have free entry to festival ticket holders.
- Early bird tickets. Early Bird tickets are available until 31 January and give a discount on full weekend and individual event tickets only.
- Children's events at the festival are free, but a responsible adult should remain with young children at all times.
- Children 4 years and under are free at main festival events, if accompanied by a ticket-holding adult.
If the child requires a separate seat, then the appropriate children’s ticket must be bought.
Children's tickets are half the price of adult tickets, but there are no Early Bird children's tickets.
- Age Categories for Tickets: Adults (aged 13+), Children (aged 5 -12). The age categories are determined by
the age on the Saturday of the Folk Festival. Holders of children's tickets must be accompanied by a responsible
adult for all performance events. Stewards reserve the right to refuse admission to children not accompanied by an adult.
- Camping: Festival tickets do not include camping. Camping tickets may be bought via the Festival website at the same time as Festival tickets.
- Advance Event Tickets: The number of Advance Event tickets available for each event is limited.
On The Door Event Tickets are available at the door for most events, subject to capacity.
Admission will be from 10 minutes before the event starts, after all Festival ticket
and Advance Event ticket holders have been let in.
- How and where to buy tickets: All tickets may be purchased via the Festival website.
All tickets, apart from camping, may be bought at the Allendale Centre and Wimborne Tourist Information.
The cut off point for advance ticket sales is midnight on the Thursday before the Festival.
After that time, tickets can only be bought at Festival Information, where tickets can be
paid for by cash or card, or on the door at the venue where tickets (if still available)
will be on sale about 10 mins before the event starts - payment must be in cash.
- Collection of advance tickets: For Weekend and Day Tickets, bring your receipt to Festival
Information to exchange it for a wristband. Event ticket receipts can be shown to the
steward on the door. Camping receipts can be exchanged for a Camping wristband on arrival on the Campsite.
- Access for People with Disabilities: We try to make the Festival as accommodating
as possible to all people with disabilities. Wheelchair access is available at most venues
and our volunteer stewards are always ready to assist with any special needs. Carers Ticket
Requests may be made via firstname.lastname@example.org
by, or on behalf of, a disabled person requiring a carer to be able to attend events.
Once approved, a carer's ticket will be free of charge and gains entry to all events that
the cared for person attends. The Carers ticket does not gain entry to other events.
If special requirements exist, such as positioning of a wheelchair, it is the ticket holder's
responsibility to contact the venue management early to make sure that their requirements are
known. Venue stewards will do their best to accommodate all such requests.
- General Terms and Conditions: Seats are not numbered or pre-allocated, except in the Tivoli Theatre.
- Queues at some events will be inevitable. People arrive early and doors cannot be opened until
soundchecks have been completed. Please be patient and co-operate with our volunteer stewards
who will let you in as soon as they can. At some venues, stewards may ask you to form two queues;
for instance, one for ticket holders and the other for those paying on the door (POD).
Holders of Festival tickets or Event tickets will be let in first, on a first come,
first served basis. If there are still seats left, then tickets may be purchased at the door.
- Programme: Wimborne Minster Folk Festival gives no warranty that artists named in the programme
and in any other publicity will perform at any particular time, or at all, and reserves the right
to present alternative performers and re-programme events when unforeseen circumstances prevail.
However, every effort will be made to carry out the programme as advertised.
- Refunds: There are no refunds on any tickets and lost tickets cannot be replaced.
- Dogs: Please note that dogs will not be admitted to all indoor Festival venues, although well
behaved dogs will be allowed in the Allendale centre and some of the pubs. However,
dogs to assist people with disabilities will be admitted to ALL venues.
- Wimborne Minster Folk Festival reserves the right to refuse admission to, or evict anyone from,
its events that they feel is, or has been, behaving in a threatening or unsociable manner.
- Amendments: Wimborne Minster Folk Festival reserves the right to alter or amend these terms
and conditions without prior notification.